Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The garbage poem


I went into the kitchen and heard a voice
It sounded deep and old and rather moist
“Won’t you help me” The deep voice said.
I looked around nervously with my head.

Just then I realized where the voice came from
I turned and looked and spit out my gum
I quickly covered my mouth with my hand
Because the voice was coming from the garbage can.

“I am too full” The can did say
“Could you please empty me sometime today?”
“Of course” said I “I will empty you now”
The can did smile and  lifted his brow.

I took out the trash bag with most haste
Came back inside, washed my hands and face.
Replaced the old bag with a new
Picked up my gum and started to chew.

“Thank you so much” said the can
“I have just become your number one fan!”
We both laughed and said goodbye
But I’ll be back when the time is nigh.

2 comments:

  1. Lol! I hope you washed the gum off, too. :p

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have a facebook fan page for all your garbage can fans?

    ReplyDelete