Friday, April 8, 2011

One Nerds Quest



My PS3 broke on me the other day. I can’t say I didn’t see it coming though because back in December it stopped reading blu-ray discs. I was upset, but I could still play games I downloaded from the PSN so all was sort of good. It was kind of sudden though. I was in the middle of playing through Scott Pilgrim vs. The World again to try to get the remaining trophies when the system shut down mid ass kicking. She powered down for the last time and took my save files with her.  Instead of getting angry or sad, I decided to embark on a quest. I intend to beat the NES games I never could when I was a kid. It doesn’t sound that difficult until you find out that among those games are Battletoads and Ghosts N’ Goblins. No other games have given me more frustration over the years than those two. I used to have nightmares about the hover bike level in Battletoads and dreams of what Ghosts N’ Goblins looked like after level 3. Well now is the time to kick ass and chew bubblegum! I’m not just doing this for me, but for the others that these games have tormented since their childhood. Well I guess I’m mostly doing this because my PS3 broke and i need something else to play….but those other things are important too! Wish me luck, I’m gonna need a whole hell of a lot of it.

1 comment:

  1. Battletoads is an odd little game and I feel no desire to beat it because I find it hard in ways that are not fun. Ghosts n Goblins, on the other hand, I love. I find it's better to play G&G as though you're in an arcade and only have one quarter-- don't use continues, when you game over; start from the very beginning and memorize the levels as you go. Trying it this way I was amazed at how fast I got better at it, though I still can't beat it.

    ReplyDelete